Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Castaway with Dan Sultan

If you were banished to a desert island, what are the top five movies that you would bring with you?  This is the question that is posed to celebrity "castaways" in ACMI's Desert Island Flicks series.  Tonight Tash and I met up (the first time I've seen her since she returned from Toronto) to hear what musician Dan Sultan's picks would be.  His choices, in no particular order, were:
- La Bamba
- Scarface
- The Big Lebowski
- Misery
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 

The format for the evening was that the moderator and Dan would discuss each movie briefly, then show a short clip chosen by Dan, with further discussion about the movie afterwards.  Dan was very honest about what elements of each film appealed to him and how they related to his life.  I think it's good for musicians to get the opportunity to talk about something other than their music and be able to show other facets of their personality.

The event also got me thinking about what my top five desert island flicks would be.  I have chosen films from different genres that I really love and would be able to watch over and over again:
- Into the Wild
- Zoolander
- Sixteen Candles
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- A Bug's Life

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...