Friday, November 23, 2012

Fave Albums: The Basics - Stand Out/Fit In


Any regular readers of this blog would know that I am a big fan of Melbourne's The Basics and a frequent attendee at their live shows.  This album, 2007's Stand Out/Fit In, is what first got me into the band.  The album cover is shot out in front of The Espy in St. Kilda with Kris Schroeder, Tim Heath and Wally De Backer wearing their trademark grey suits.

This album is full of so many songs that are staples of their live set, including "Rattle My Chain," "Memory Lane," "Have Love, Will Travel," "Hey There!," "Just Hold On," "Lookin' Over My Shoulder," "Better" and "Three Cool Cats."  The musicianship and vocal harmonies just shine through on all these songs as Wally and Kris take turns on lead vocals (with the occasional song from Tim).  It's such a fun and uplifting album that you can't help but sing along and want to dance while listening to it.

Favorite Lyric: We're going nowhere fast, but I'm just glad I'm going there with you ("Hey There!")

Favorite Song: "Lookin' Over My Shoulder"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...