Monday, November 26, 2012

Fave Albums: Sarah Blasko - As Day Follows Night


Australian singer-songwriter Sarah Blasko's third album As Day Follows Night was released in 2009 and led to a Best Female Artist award at the ARIAs.  Starting with the beautiful piano driven "Down On Love," the album goes from haunting songs such as "All I Want," "Bird On A Wire," "Is My Baby Yours?" and "Night & Day" to the more upbeat sounding "Hold On My Heart," "We Won't Run" and "Over & Over."  It's a moving album that takes you on an emotional journey from start to finish.  And if you are lucking enough to get one of the deluxe versions of the album, you can enjoy the Cinema Blasko disc of Sarah covering some of her favorite songs from various movies (including an unexpectedly lovely version of "Xanadu").

Favorite Lyric: Hold on my heart, find your stronger parts ("Hold On My Heart")

Favorite Song: "All I Want"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...