Sunday, May 19, 2013

Eurovision 2013

It's one of my favorite weekends of the year- the Eurovision Song Contest!  This year it was held in Malmo, Sweden and I kept myself in a media blackout all day so I wouldn't be spoiled for the finals on tv tonight.  There was a bit more diversity in song styles and I liked that a lot of countries sang in their native language instead of English.  I'm not sure if this is due to post-GFC national pride or what I would like to call the Psy effect- not needing to sing in English to have a worldwide hit.

It was a tight race but the winner was Emmelie de Forest from Denmark with "Only Teardrops" 


My top 3 on the night were:

Margaret Berger (Norway) - "I Feed You My Love"


Amandine Bourgeois (France) - "L'enfer Et Moi"


Andrius Pojavis (Lithuania) - "Something"


I was very disappointed that Who See from Montenegro didn't make it through to the finals with their song "Igranka."  Their performance had astronaut suits, hip hop and dubstep.  It was awesome.


Finally, the "What the hell was that" award for this year goes to Cezar (Romania) - "It's My Life"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...