Friday, June 06, 2014

The Harpoons- Unforgettable Single Launch

Last night I headed to the Shebeen Bandroom on Manchester Lane for the sold out launch of The Harpoons' latest single "Unforgettable."  The first act was electronic synth pop trio Habits, who ran effects on their vocals and utilised layered loops and a keyboard in their songs.  Sometimes it worked and other times it was a bit of a mess, but I did appreciate their attempt at covering Silk's "Freak Me."  Next up was a DJ set by male and female duo Friendships.  I liked that they included visual projections to go along with their set, which included their remix of The Harpoons' "Unforgettable."  Both acts were rocking a bit of a hipster chav look, which I guess must be a thing.

The crowd had really built by the time The Harpoons hit the stage.  They started their set with "Keep You Around" and played a mix of new songs and more recent tracks such as "Falling For You," a funkier version of "I Walk Away" and "Hold On."  Bec Rigby's voice was absolutely divine and soulful as always, and each band member took a turn on lead vocals throughout the night.  Towards the end of the set they invited the support acts up on stage to play percussion and the audience to sing along on the last three songs, including the single "Unforgettable."  It's always uplifting to see The Harpoons play live and it looks like their debut album will finally be released in August (although I think I'll believe it when I see it).

Here's the video for "Unforgettable"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...